about me

Thursday 8 December 2011

Emotion is a powerful magic...!


from here


The Wedding

Through the smudgy window in the ‘old wing’ down the corridor
We paused to view the next door office block.
Hospital gown, I.V. stand, grey and overcast outside
I thought, the time is right, and asked to tie the knot.

And the answer and the smile was immediate and sure
And a hug and kiss filled the place with light.
And the trolley seemed to float as we glided back along the ward
Both determined in the coming fight.

And we’d like our friends to gather and celebrate the day
Celebrate our times throughout the years.
For the memories are great and the experiences are full
And the time seems somehow right – after thirty four years!


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

This beautiful poem arrived in my email box the other day, it was the invitation to the wedding
to be held on the 17th of December. I will be there, but in the kitchen along with 12 other ladies who dropped everything cancelled prior arrangements so that we could do this for a man who has at one time or other helped every pet owning member of this community. The man, who laid my beautiful Maggie to rest and made sure she was buried with dignity in our garden, who convinced us to let our forever Winnie  be given a few more days when she was only two months old and suffering post parvo abscesses (she's now sixteen!)

Two weeks ago the diagnosis was made, inoperable pancreatic cancer but Col's faith and his belief in prayer are surely working in his favour. The community here are working and running on pure emotion as we prepare for this wonderful day. We polish and shine his home so it is ready when he comes home. We plan the wedding lunch and have no idea if we are catering for 50 or 500 guests (!!!) when two people who lived in different places, but managed an everlasting relationship for 34 years are going to be joined in holy matrimony it is a wonderful thing but when it is this couple the emotion runs high!

If I have touched you,
 in that place where your emotions reside

I would ask that you send up a fervent prayer for Col that the chemo works and that he and Cheryle will have a long and beautiful marriage.

give your partner a hug tonight

I will link this to Jenny Matlock here

17 comments:

  1. sounds like a wonderful union of two strong people. Beautiful poem! {:-Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to Col!! Sending up a little light to a man who has earned so much love and loyalty from the many people he's shared his life with.
    Best,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. An story that goes right to the heart...and sending best wishes to this couple who have touched everyone in your community.

    (Note: it is a blessing to have someone so compassionate when it comes time to let our fur babies go...have made that journey so many times)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful love story...between the two of them...and among all of you who are supporting them!

    I hope God grants them many years together.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how sweet! Certainly, my prayers are with Col & his bride. God can move mountains. God's blessings to all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my. My eyes are filled with tears. A prayer is such an easy gift to give.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Julienne this is so very poignant! I wish them all the best!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really going to have to stop reading blogs while I'm meant to be working! What a very beautiful post...you have a way with words :) The 17th is going to be wonderful isn't it, and I will add my prayers to the mix x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can only wish them to follow my footsteps I am married 42 years ! That's quiet a record nowadays !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my ....!! What an incredible and tear-evoking post, Julienne. Prayers galore being sent from all of us here. Wishing Col and Cheryle the most wonderful day on the 17th. ~ xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello.
    I'm one who expresses emotion easily & this story just tugged at my heartstrings. Here's to Col & Cheryle & proof that love does prevail. Next year will be my 10th anniversary & a couple of months ago, my wife & I partied the night away at her parent's 50th anniversary.
    Here's also to you and all of your community who are rallying around to make this a memorable time for the couple. Your kindness & generosity are priceless. Friends like you are hard to come by these days.
    Best wishes to you all & have a wonderful time on the 17th.
    Beautiful flowers & post.
    Thanks for sharing.

    For ref:
    Eleven Roses And You

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dearest Julienne,

    May this fine person, Col, be granted some good quality time! Of course emotions run high for such a special event. May God bless him!

    Love to you,

    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  13. Late Alpha visit but glad I came. This is a bittersweet post, just shows what life can do to us. I hope all goes well and they can live happily ever after. They're blessed with awesome friends..

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely post -- all best hopes for you friend Col.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was absolutely hearbreakingly beautiful.

    My prayers join with all of yours...whenever two or more of your are gathered...

    We shall gather many prayers into a force for this dear man.

    This was so eloquent and beautiful.

    Thank you.

    A+

    ReplyDelete

We love to know whose been sitting in the pink chair so please say hello as we love to return the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...